PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 600: Teacher (Adapted Physical Education Event Committee) - OSWP
- Posted Date: May 21, 2019 Deadline: Jun 30, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
NYCDOE Adapted Physical Education Event Committee Teacher (Up to 15 positions available)
New York City Department of Education - Office of School Wellness Programs
335 Adams Street, Room 502 Brooklyn, NY 11201
(or other approved Office of School Wellness Programs location)
Licensed and appointed NYCDOE Physical Education teacher
• At least three (3) years of satisfactory experience within the NYCDOE.
• Skills-based knowledge in teaching K-12 physical education and/or comprehensive health education.
• Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated engagement through student involvement in Adapted Physical Education events.
• Willingness to collaborate with teachers and the OSWP team during teacher-focused planning meetings.
• Experience facilitating professional learning experiences in their school setting, at conferences, or with the Office of School Wellness Programs.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Priority will be given to teachers who have participated in programs, events, trainings, and conferences sponsored by the Office of School Wellness Programs, specifically, Adapted Physical Education conferences.
• Design and facilitate professional learning opportunities for physical education teachers and develop teacher resources to support and sustain curriculum implementation.
• Draft a schedule of citywide Adapted Physical Education events.
• Participate in program evaluation and share feedback on OSWP professional development offerings for teachers.
• Convene and collaborate with select physical education instructional coaches, other OSWP staff, and partners.
• Inform the school assignment process for itinerant Adapted Physical Education teachers.
• Assist with procedure and resource analysis.
• Additional responsibilities as needed.
• July 16, 2019 to August 30, 2019, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (2 dates, may vary)
• Hours up to, but not limited to approximately 8 hours.
• Specific hours and schedules are not guaranteed. Schedule to be determined and will remain subject to change based on project and funding ability.
• Additional hours granted upon the approval of the hiring manager.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Email application: OP 175, copy of resume and cover letter by June 26, 2019 to: APE@schools.nyc.gov (Subject Line: Adapted Physical Education Teacher Events)
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail APE@schools.nyc.gov.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail email@example.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.