PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 603: Teacher (CHAMPS Developmental Volleyball Official) - OSWP
- Posted Date: May 21, 2019 Deadline: Oct 2, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Teacher-CHAMPS Developmental Volleyball Official (approximately 10 positions available)
Various school sites and athletic venues throughout New York City
- Licensed and appointed New York City Department of Education teacher
- Must possess current AED/CPR certification from the American Red Cross or American Heart Association.
- Must possess current Heads Up: Concussion in Youth Sports (CYS) certification from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Prior experience with the CHAMPS Volleyball Showcases as an official/referee
- Demonstrated knowledge of Volleyball rules and regulations, procedures of the CHAMPS Volleyball program
- Excellent record of attendance and punctuality
- Officiate in the CHAMPS Developmental Volleyball showcases
- Ensure clear communication with CHAMPS Volleyball Coordinator and event support staff
- Assist in event logistics including the set-up of the court, keep score of the games, monitor and assist in the transition of teams
- Provide support to the CHAMPS Volleyball Coordinator as needed
- Additional responsibilities as needed
- Non-school days, Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays, up to maximum hours (maximum of 400 hours)
- Specific hours and schedules are not guaranteed. Schedule to be determined and will remain subject to change based on project and funding ability.
- Form OP175 (available in schools & on DHR Website)
- Resume and cover letter
- Copy of NYC Department of Education teacher’s license,
- Copy of current AED/CPR certification from The American Red Cross or American Heart Association
- Copy of current CYS certification from the CDC
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.