PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 605: Teacher (CHAMPS Fall 2019 Program Developer and Event Coordinator) - OSWP
- Posted Date: May 21, 2019 Deadline: Oct 2, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Teacher-CHAMPS Fall 2019 Program Developer and Event Coordinator (approximately 40 positions available)
Various school sites and athletic venues throughout New York City and Central Office of School Wellness Program locations
- Licensed and appointed New York City Department of Education teacher
- Must possess current AED/CPR certification from the American Red Cross or American Heart Association.
- Must possess current Heads Up: Concussion in Youth Sports (CYS) certification from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Demonstrated ability in coordinating developmentally appropriate fitness and sports activities
- Demonstrated knowledge of rules, regulations and procedures of CHAMPS programs, including
Cross Country, Flag Football, Soccer, Volleyball
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Excellent record of attendance and punctuality
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office and Outlook
- At least three (3) years of satisfactory experience within the NYCDOE.
- Assist CHAMPS program development including focus groups and guidance documents
- Organize and coordinate various facets of the Fall Season CHAMPS events, including leagues, showcases and jamborees
- Collaborate with community-based fitness and sports organizations on planning events and student registration
- Plan and present coach orientations, workshops and clinics
- Ensure clear communication amongst participating CHAMPS programs
- Assist in event planning logistics, including arranging student transportation and ordering supplies and equipment
- Provide management and support for timesheets and payroll
- Additional responsibilities as needed
- October 2, 2019 – December 20, 2019 (School days outside of regular work hours as approved)
- Non-school days, Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays, up to maximum hours (maximum of 400 hours)
- Specific hours and schedules are not guaranteed. Schedule to be determined and will remain subject to change based on project and funding ability.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Email application with the following documents by 10/2/19 to:CHAMPS@schools.nyc.gov (Subject: CHAMPS Fall 2019 Program Developer and Event Coordinator)
- Form OP175 (available in schools & on DHR Website)
- Resume and cover letter
- Copy of NYC Department of Education teacher’s license,
- Copy of current AED/CPR certification from The American Red Cross or American Heart Association
- Copy of current CYS certification from the CDC
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail CHAMPS@schools.nyc.gov.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.