PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 606: Teacher (Summer CHAMPS Coordinators) - OSWP
- Posted Date: May 21, 2019 Deadline: Jun 30, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Teacher-Summer CHAMPS Coordinators (approximately 4 positions)
Office of School Wellness Programs/CHAMPS Program
1230 Zerega Avenue, Bronx, NY 10462
(or other approved Office of School Wellness Programs location)
- Licensed and appointed physical education, health education, or other subject certified teacher.
- Must possess current AED/CPR certification from the American Red Cross or American Heart Association. Must not expire prior to the end date of the program
- Must complete current Heads Up: Concussion in Youth Sports(CYS) certification from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Must not expire prior to the end date of the summer school program
- Demonstrated ability in designing, implementing and evaluating developmentally appropriate fitness and sport activities including positive coaching strategies
- Experience in using the CHAMPS program.
- Experience in establishing fitness programs based upon Physical Bestand/orexperience in developing comprehensive health education programs based on the CHAMPS program.
- Experience using NYC FITNESSGRAM data to plan instruction.
- Knowledge and understanding of core curriculum standards.
- Teachers certified in subjects other than health and physical education should have experience developing resources and/or professional development to incorporate core curriculum learning standards, and some experience with health and/or physical education.
- Knowledge and experience implementing curriculum, classroom best practices and/or familiarity utilizing a scope and sequence.
- Excellent communication, organizational and administrative skills.
- Proficiency in email communication using the DOE Outlook email system and online web based applications.
- Excellent record keeping, attendance and punctuality.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and/or Access.
- Basic knowledge of HTML or web design a plus.
- Experience developing Individual Education Plans and modifying instruction for students in special populations
- Knowledge of professional learning communities.
- Plan 2019-20 professional development sessions to support the implementation of the CHAMPS program.
- Process and evaluate 2018-2019 data from CHAMPS programs including the Baseball, Developmental Volleyball, Developmental Basketball, Flag Football, Flag Rugby, Floor Hockey, Netball, Soccer, Softball, Table Tennis, Track & Field, Volleyball League
- Process and evaluate 2018-2019 data from workshops and events
- Create plans and identify resources for 2019-20 initiatives.
- Collaborate with select health, physical education, and/or wellness organizations.
- Develop and implement accounting protocol for the distribution of equipment and supplies to participating schools
- Update Wellness Tracker, WellnessHub, and CHAMPS Portal of site visits, interactions, events/showcases, etc.
- Update CHAMPS equipment and supplies inventory located in Zerega Avenue location and Deluxe Delivery System
- Address emails pertaining to the FY20 school year application in the CHAMPS mailbox
- Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Hours up to, but not limited to approximately 250 hours per position
- Specific hours and schedules are not guaranteed. Schedule to be determined and will remain subject to change based on project and funding ability.
- Additional hours granted upon the approval of the hiring manager.
- Resume and cover letter
- Form OP175 (available in schools & on DHR Website)
- Copy of NYC Department of Education teacher’s license,
- Copy of current AED/CPR certification from The American Red Cross or American Heart Association
- Copy of current CYS certification from the CDC
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.