PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 608: Teacher (Phys Ed and Health Ed District Wellness Advisory Council Participants – Teachers) - OSWP
- Posted Date: May 21, 2019 Deadline: Jun 30, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
NYC DOE Physical Education and Health Education District Wellness Advisory Council Participants – Teachers (Approximately 15 positions available)
NYC Department of Education
Office of School Wellness Programs (OSWP)
335 Adams Street, 5th Floor, Brooklyn, NY 11201
-or- other approved Office of School Wellness Programs Locations
NYC DOE Licensed and appointed NYC DOE Health Education, Physical Education, or other subject certified teacher.
- At least three (3) years of satisfactory experience within the NYCDOE.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Active participation in District Wellness Advisory Council efforts.
- Skills-based knowledge and experience in teaching K-12 physical education and/or comprehensive health education.
- Active participation in District Wellness Advisory Council meetings and feedback opportunities.
- Provision of quality feedback on Office of School Wellness Programs’ programming and school-based or public-facing support resources.
- Assistance with curriculum and resource analysis.
- Collaboration with community-based stakeholders and other educators towards Office of School Wellness Programs goals.
- Additional responsibilities as needed.
- August 2019 meeting date TBD, 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Additional dates TBD on project-based need.
- Maximum of 10 hours per position.
- Specific hours and schedules are not guaranteed. Schedule to be determined and will remain subject to change based on project and funding ability. Additional hours granted upon the approval of the hiring manager.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Email application: OP 175, copy of resume and cover letter by 6/26/19 to:
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.