PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 609: Teacher (Elementary Health Education Curriculum Pilot) - OSWP
- Posted Date: May 21, 2019 Deadline: Sep 13, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Teachers- Elementary Health Education Curriculum Pilot (approximately 40 positions available)
New York City Department of Education-Office of School Wellness Programs
28-11 Queens Plaza North, Room 500
Long Island City, NY 11101
(Or other approved Office of School Wellness Programs locations)
- Licensed and appointed K-5th grade New York City Department of Education teacher.
- Knowledge and experience in teaching and assessing elementary comprehensive health education.
- Assigned or plan to teach health education a minimum of one period per week throughout the year.
- Proficient understanding of NYS and National Health Education Standards and National Sexuality Standards.
- At least three (3) years of satisfactory experience within the NYCDOE.
- Utilize the NYC DOE K-5 scope and sequence as a guiding tool for health education throughout the school year
- Implement and follow recommended lesson sequence for Elementary Health Education Pilot.
- Attend one initial 2 hour introductory session.
- Reflect and Provide feedback at the end of each unit using tool(s) provided.
- Additional responsibilities as needed.
- September 2019-May 2020
- Hours up to, but not limited to approximately 15 hours.
- Schedule to be determined and will remain subject to change and funding ability. Specific hours and schedules are not guaranteed.
- Additional hours granted upon the approval of the hiring manager.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Email application: OP 175, copy of resume and cover letter by September 13, 2019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject:
“Elementary School Curriculum Pilot”)
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail email@example.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.