PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 612: Teacher (Move to Improve (MTI) Train the Trainer (TTT) Focus Group Participants) - OSWP
- Posted Date: May 21, 2019 Deadline: Jun 30, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Teacher-Move to Improve (MTI) Train the Trainer (TTT) Focus Group Participants (approximately 20 positions available)
New York City Department of Education
Office of School Wellness Programs (OSWP)
28-11 Queens Plaza North, Room 504
Long Island City, NY 11101
(or other approved Office of School Wellness Programs location)
• Licensed and appointed NYCDOE teachers
• Physical Education Teacher (certified or designated)
• Participated in a Move-to-Improve Train-the-Trainer Workshop (PE Basics 4)
• Priority may be given to MTI All-Star Champions from existing or potential MTI all-Star Schools
• Knowledge and demonstrated implementation of best practices in using MTI activities in the elementary school classroom or physical education environment
• Knowledge of current trends in school wellness policy, physical education, health education, and childhood education (K-6)
• Demonstrated effectiveness in supporting Move-to-Improve implementation
• Attend an MTI TTT focus group with other PE teachers who have trained their school’s staff in MTI
• Provide feedback on the MTI Train-the Trainer workshop.
• Share strategies that have worked in turnkeying the program, implementing the program and maintaining All Star Status.
• Share ideas for program sustainability.
• Provide feedback and strategies through a focus group, meeting, surveys etc. to aid in providing an overview of the challenges and successes in program implementation.
• Additional responsibilities as needed.
July 2019- October 31, 2019
Hours up to, but not limited to approximately 5 hours.
Additional hours granted upon the approval of the hiring manager
Specific hours and schedules are not guaranteed. Schedule to be determined and will remain subject to change based on project and funding availability.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Email application: OP 175, copy of resume and cover letter by June 26, 2019 to: MTI@schools.nyc.gov (subject: Train the Trainer Focus Group)
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail: MTI@schools.nyc.gov.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.