PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 614: Teacher (Physical Education Resource Review Member) - OSWP
- Posted Date: May 21, 2019 Deadline: Jun 30, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Teacher- Physical Education Resource Review Member (approximately 15 positions available)
New York City Department of Education
Office of School Wellness Programs (OSWP)
28-11 Queens Plaza North, Room 504
Long Island City, NY 11101
(or other approved Office of School Wellness Programs location)
• Licensed and appointed NYCDOE Physical Education teachers
• At least three (3) years of satisfactory (Highly Effective/Effective) experience within the NYCDOE.
• Excellent communication and problem solving skills
• Active participation in Office of School Wellness Initiatives including professional learning opportunities.
• Demonstrated knowledge of physical education content and curricular resources at the elementary and secondary levels.
• Knowledge of physical education curricular models.
• Experience developing lesson plans, units of instruction and semester and/or yearly instructional plans.
• Share local instructional practices to support the development of citywide curricular support materials and maps.
• Share current practices, instructional resources, and future implementation goals
• Review published materials using rubrics and evidence based practices to inform professional learning
• Collaborate with Office of School Wellness Programs to support Physical Education initiatives
• Review and analyze curricular resources including online materials and texts.
• Develop lesson plans, unit plans and curriculum maps to support the implementation go the NYC PE Scope and Sequence.
• Additional responsibilities as needed.
• Hours up to, but not limited to approximately 60 hours.
• Additional hours granted upon the approval of the hiring manager.
• July 2019- October 31, 2019
• Specific hours and schedules are not guaranteed. Schedule to be determined and will remain subject to change based on project and funding availability.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Email application: OP 175, copy of resume and cover letter by June 26, 2019 to: PEWorks@schools.nyc.gov (subject: PE Resource Review Member)
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail: PEWorks@schools.nyc.gov.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.