PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 615: Teacher (School Wellness Mentor Leadership Program) - OSWP
- Posted Date: May 21, 2019 Deadline: Jun 30, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Teacher: School Wellness Mentor Leadership Program (approximately 8 positions available)
New York City Department of Education Office of School Wellness Programs
28-11 Queens Plaza North, Room 500
Long Island City, NY 11101
(or other approved Office of School Wellness Programs locations)
Licensed and appointed NYCDOE TEACHER
- Knowledge of and experience in teaching health and/or physical education and leading School Wellness Councils and/or School Leadership Teams
- Demonstrate effective leadership at systematically prioritizing health and wellness as cornerstones of school culture, including establishing goals, programs, and policies
- Knowledge and practical experience with the support offered by the Office of School Wellness Programs
- Preference may be given to Condom Availability Program (CAP) trained staff, Health Education Focus School participants, School Wellness Council Champions
- Ability to commit to planning, facilitating, and/or attending in-person meetings associated with posting
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- At least three (3) years of satisfactory experience within the NYCDOE.
- Share experiences and expertise as an advisor related to how wellness can work in schools; provide encouragement and support to other School Wellness Council Champions
- Plan, facilitate and/or attend in-person meetings, focus groups, and/or other activities to the fullest extent possible, including periodic leadership development meetings, Mentor Leadership Program kick-off meeting, and Mentee orientation session
- Identify and articulate best practices for School Wellness Councils including wellness policies, initiatives, health education, and resources to be shared with NYC schools
- Develop school wellness and health education guidance tools to be shared with NYC schools citywide on the online School Wellness Portal system
- Complete and submit require documentation including activity log, time sheets, and time cards on a monthly basis
- Additional responsibilities as needed
- June 27, 2019 – October 31, 2019
- Hours up to, but not limited to 8 hours per position, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 6:00p.m.
- Additional hours granted upon the approval of the hiring manager.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Email application: OP 175, copy of resume and cover letter by 6/26/19 to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: School Wellness Mentor Leadership Program)
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail email@example.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.