PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 619: Teacher (Physical Education Curriculum Mapping) - OSWP
- Posted Date: May 21, 2019 Deadline: Jun 30, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Teacher- Physical Education Curriculum Mapping (approximately 15 positions available)
New York City Department of Education-Office of School Wellness Programs (OSWP)
28-11 Queens Plaza North, Room 504
Long Island City, NY 11101
(or other approved Office of School Wellness Programs locations)
• Licensed and appointed NYCDOE Physical Education teachers
- At least three (3) years of satisfactory (Highly Effective/Effective) experience within the NYCDOE.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Active participation in Office of School Wellness Initiatives.
- Demonstrated content knowledge in Physical Education.
- Knowledge of physical education curricular models.
- Demonstrated knowledge of curricular resources in the area of physical education at the elementary and/or secondary levels.
- Experience developing lesson plans, units of instruction and semester and/or yearly instructional plans.
- Hours up to, but not limited to approximately 60 hours.
- Additional hours granted upon the approval of the hiring manager
- July 2019-October 31, 2019
- Specific hours and schedules are not guaranteed. Schedule to be determined and will remain subject to change based on project and funding availability.
- July 1-October 31, 2019
- Hours up to, but not limited to approximately 250 hours
- Specific hours and schedules are not guaranteed. Schedule to be determined and will remain subject to change based on project and funding ability.
- Additional hours granted upon the approval of the hiring manager.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Email application: OP 175, copy of resume and cover letter by June 26, 2019 to: PEWorks@schools.nyc.gov (subject: Teacher-PE Curriculum Mapping)
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail: PEWorks@schools.nyc.gov.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.