PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 630: Supervisor (Special Education Early Childhood Instructional Program Specialist) - OOL
- Posted Date: May 21, 2019 Deadline: Jun 30, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Preschool Special Education Office - Special Education Early Childhood Instructional Program Specialist
1780 Ocean Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11230
NYCDOE employees with a valid New York State certificate in School Administration/Supervision (SAS), School District Administrator (SDA) or School Building Leadership (SBL)
• Experience providing professional development on topics related to the education of students with disabilities
• Evidence of building strong relationships with colleagues, families, and community members
• Collaborative approach to managing projects and activities
• Knowledge of New York State laws relating to the provision of instruction and services to general and special education students
• Minimum of three (3) years of management experience evidenced by strong organizational and program management skills
• Possess a valid New York State certificate in School Administration/Supervision (SAS), School District Administrator (SDA) or School Building Leadership (SBL)
Under the supervision of the Director of Preschool Special Education, Division of Specialized Instruction and Student Support, the candidate will be responsible for a variety of per session activities including, but not limited to:
• Coordinate support and services to preschool special education programs receiving training on the Pyramid model
• Create and develop in collaboration with the Preschool Special Education Director professional development for preschool programs citywide including managing and creating professional development (i.e. creating a calendar, disseminating, coordinating staff for facilitation, and identifying training space)
• Support and guide the Preschool Special Education team on developing coaching plans and creating professional development
• Will liaise with the Preschool Special Education team coordinating support to programs citywide
• Other duties (as needed)
As needed during the 2019-2020 school year (July 1, 2019-June 30, 2020), including up to three hours on Monday – Friday between 4:00pm and 7:00pm, during break periods between 8:30 and 1:30 with no lunch break; as needed for the duration of the school year ending on or before June 30, 2020.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Please email OP-175 application, cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with your school’s DBN, your name and title in the Subject Line (i.e., District\Borough\School Number – i.e. 01M001 – Mary Jones, Teacher).
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail: email@example.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.