PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 644: Assistant Principal (Mentor AP, Office of Leadership Alumni Mentoring Program) - OOL
- Posted Date: May 23, 2019 Deadline: Oct 4, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Mentor Assistant Principal: Office of Leadership Alumni Mentoring Program 2019-20
Mentor Assistant Principal
NUMBER OF POSITIONS AVAILABLE ~30-40
45-18 Court Sq. 2nd Floor, Long Island City, Queens
Completion of an Office of Leadership Program (APLI, LEAP, TLP, Wallace Fellows, etc.) and be a sitting assistant principal in good standing with three or more years of experience in the role.
1. Be a sitting assistant principal in good standing with three or more years of experience in the role, and a graduate of an Office of Leadership program
2. Eligible assistant principals can apply online by October 4, 2019.
3. Applications will be reviewed for content and to see whether there is an appropriate match with eligible mentee assistant principals that have applied.
4. Satisfactory record as informed by supervisor and Office of Leadership staff.
- Nurture the growth and development of new assistant principals
- Learn techniques to develop collaborative professional learning goals with mentees
- Share insight on how to navigate the assistant principal role and clarity on advancing professional development goals.
- Further develop mentoring and leadership skills and discover opportunities for partnership and collaboration with mentee assistant principals
- Understand the difference between mentoring and coaching, and know when to employ each strategy
- Practice and strengthen listening skills
- Build awareness of racial equity, and capacity to tackle issues across lines of difference
Mentor sessions will be held October 24, 2019, December 5, 2019, January 30, 2020, March 26, 2020, and May 21, 2020 each from 12-5 pm (which includes two hours of per session after school).
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Send application: OP 175, copy of resume and cover letter by October 4 to: LeadershipPathways@schools.nyc.gov
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.