PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 657: Assistant Principal/Principal (Support, Principal Candidate Pool Process) - OOL
- Posted Date: May 23, 2019 Deadline: Jun 30, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Current Assistant Principals, Principals and Retired Principals to support Principal Candidate Pool Process
(Approximately 10 positions).
Main office at 45-18 Court Square room 250, Long Island City, NY; Citywide schools
• Must have a school-based title covered by the CSA (only)
• Must be a member of the Principal Candidate Pool
• Retirees who meet the eligibility requirements can apply in the event there are still vacancies after all other eligible applicants are selected
Preference will be given to applicants with the following:
• Demonstrated effective practice as a principal as evidenced by both the most recent School Quality Review and Principal’s Performance Review evaluation
• Working knowledge of the Quality Review Indicators/K-12 Common Core State Standards, Danielson Framework and PSEL
• Experience in analyzing assessments
• Familiarity with current teacher effectiveness initiatives/knowledge of current research in education
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
• Experience in leading professional development
• Accountable under 3012C and NYCDOE Quality Review rubric
Assist the Principal Candidate Pool Team with the following:
• Evaluate principal candidate assessments
• Participate in scorer norming and training sessions
• Facilitate Principal Candidate Pool in-person professional learning sessions
From July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020. Sessions vary weekly and include Saturdays. Time varies from 3:30pm to 8:00 pm weekly and 8am to 4pm on weekends.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Please send all applications (including resume, OP-175 application - and cover letter) to the following address:
Norley A. Nortey, Principal Candidate Pool
45-18 Court Square, Room 250
Long Island City, NY 11101
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.