PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE #661: Teacher (Grade 6-12 Math Teacher-Summer PL Teacher Trainee) - CIPL
- Posted Date: May 28, 2019 Deadline: Jun 30, 2020
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Common Branch teachers, Grade 6-12 teachers in the content area of mathematics for summer professional learning; teacher trainee (up to 400 available positions)
Various Locations Citywide
● Applicant must be a NYCDOE licensed and appointed teacher of Common Branches or grades 6-12 mathematics teacher.
● Applicant must currently work in a New York City public school.
● Applicants must have a satisfactory rating for past three years.
● Applicants must have satisfactory time and attendance for past three years.
Preference will be given to applicants with the following:
● Satisfactory experience teaching K-12 mathematics
● Commitment to working during the agreed upon schedule
● Commitment to attend all days of the training
● Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
● Attend relevant math professional development sessions
● Respond to surveys
● Willing to be photographed and/or videotaped for instructional purposes
July 1, 2019 to August 30, 2019. Various dates and times including after school, evenings and weekends. Schedules will be determined by need and availability. ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Send cover letter and Form OP-175 (Available in the schools and on DHR Website), resume, and a copy of appropriate license via E-mail to STEM@schools.nyc.gov.
Must put “Teacher: “Math Professional Learning” in the subject line and include the above per session vacancy circular number in your letter of application.
NO FAXES OR MAIL will be accepted. Please direct all questions to STEM@schools.nyc.gov.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.