PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE #662: Supervisor (Supervisor-Science PL) - CIPL
- Posted Date: May 28, 2019 Deadline: Jun 30, 2020
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Supervisors: Science Professional Learning (up to 400 available positions)
Various Locations Citywide
● NYCDOE licensed supervisors
● Applicants must have a satisfactory rating.
● Applicants must have satisfactory time and attendance.
Preference will be given to applicants with the following:
● Satisfactory experience supervising the teaching of science in NYC public schools.
● Demonstrated knowledge of New York State Science Learning Standards
● Demonstrated ability to work well with others.
● Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
● Participate in science professional development sessions
● Serve as administrative support for the development of science programs within the school
● Support science programs and projects
● Cooperate with STEM Team in responding to surveys, participating in focus groups, and conferring with visitors
Various dates and times including after school, evenings and weekends. Schedules will be determined by need and availability. July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020. ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Send cover letter and Form OP-175 (Available in the schools and on DHR Website), resume, and a copy of appropriate license via E-mail to STEM@schools.nyc.gov. Must put “Supervisor: STEM Professional Development“ in the subject line and include the above per session vacancy circular number in your letter of application. NO FAXES OR MAIL will be accepted. Please direct all questions to STEM@schools.nyc.gov.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.