PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE #665: Teacher (Teacher or Co-Teacher-High School Science) - CIPL
- Posted Date: May 28, 2019 Deadline: Jun 30, 2020
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
High school science teachers or co-teachers of high school science
(up to 200 available positions)
Various Locations Citywide
● Applicant must be selected by the Borough/Citywide Office to participate.
● Applicant must be a high school NYCDOE licensed science teacher.
● Applicant must currently work in a New York City public school.
● Applicants must have a satisfactory rating.
● Applicants must have satisfactory time and attendance.
Preference will be given to applicants with the following:
● Satisfactory experience teaching science content within the high school environment
● Demonstrates knowledge and use of New York State Science Learning Standards
● Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
● Demonstrates ability to work as part of a team
● Participate in science professional development sessions
● Work collaboratively with other participants and program staff in a PLC
● Develop and submit required group and/or individual project(s)
● Cooperate with STEM Team in responding to surveys, participating in focus groups, and conferring with visitors
Various dates and times including after school, evenings and weekends. Schedules will be determined by need and availability. July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020. ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Send cover letter and Form OP-175 (Available in the schools and on DHR Website), resume, and a copy of appropriate license via E-mail to STEM@schools.nyc.gov. Must put “Teacher: STEM Staff Development“ in the subject line and include the above per session vacancy circular number in your letter of application. NO FAXES OR MAIL will be accepted. Please direct all questions to STEM@schools.nyc.gov.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.