PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE #667: Teacher (Teacher-Mathematics Leadership Team Member) - CIPL
- Posted Date: May 28, 2019 Deadline: Jun 30, 2020
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Mathematics Leadership Team Member (Common Branch teachers, Grade 6-12 teachers in the content area of mathematics), approximately 20 positions available
• Applicant must be a NYCDOE licensed and appointed teacher of Common Branches, Grades 5-9 or Grades 7-12 teacher certified in Mathematics.
• Applicant must currently work in a New York City public school.
• Applicants must have an effective or highly effective rating for past three years.
• Applicants must have satisfactory time and attendance for past three years.
Applicants will be asked to complete the following steps and will be selected in part based on the quality of that which they submit/complete for each:
• Submit a resume and a cover letter outlining why you would be a good candidate for this position
• Complete a written application
• Participate in an in-person interview
Preference will be given to applicants with the following:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in a field of mathematics (only applicable for Grades 6-12)
• Previous experience as a member of the Mathematics Leadership Team during the 2018-2019 school year or similar experience
• Demonstrated commitment to expanding opportunities in mathematics for students, e.g. through developing partnerships with outside organizations
• Demonstrated experience creating coherent and standards-aligned curricular materials.
• Demonstrated commitment to the mathematics education profession, e.g. active participation in professional organizations, leadership roles, presenting at conferences, etc.
• Demonstrated commitment to personal professional development
• Excellent written communication, organizational, and computer literacy skills
• Commitment to working during agreed upon schedule
• Excellent record of attendance, punctuality and the timely meeting of deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
• Develop and/or field test instructional guides and/or modules for use by the field
• Plan and implement citywide mathematics professional learning
• Participate in all sessions
• Work collaboratively with other writers and program staff
• Develop and submit required group and/or individual curriculum project(s) within expected deadlines
• Effective and timely response to ongoing feedback and recommendations from colleagues and
• Other activities related to implementation of Next Generation Mathematics Learning Standards
Various dates and times including during school holidays and after school, evenings and/or weekends up to 200 hours total. Schedules will be determined by need and availability. ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Upload cover letter, resume, and Form OP-175 (available in the schools and on DHR Website) using the following survey link https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/X5FRXMT. Include the above per session vacancy circular number in your letter of application. NO FAXES, E-MAIL OR MAIL will be accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.