PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE #669: Teacher (Grade K-5 Teacher-enVisionmath NYC Curriculum Training) - CIPL
- Posted Date: May 28, 2019 Deadline: Aug 23, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Common Branch teachers to participate in enVisionmath NYC curriculum training
(up to 3,900 positions) at teacher trainee rate.
● Applicant must be a NYCDOE licensed and appointed teacher of Common Branches or Grades K-5 Math teacher.
● Applicant must currently work in a New York City public school.
● Applicants must have a satisfactory rating for past three years.
● Applicants must have satisfactory time and attendance for past three years.
Applicants will be selected based upon:
• Currently a teacher at a school that has adopted the enVisionmath 2.0 NYC elementary mathematics Core Curriculum
• Commitment to attend all days of the training
• Nomination to attend the training by their school leadership
• Register online for professional learning
Participate in mathematics curriculum implementation training
July 1, 2019 to August 30, 2019. Various dates and times including after school, evenings and weekends. Schedules will be determined by need and availability. ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
The rate of compensation is the contractual hourly staff development rate, which is currently $23.30. Please bring a copy of your resume with you to process paperwork (an OP-175 and timesheet will be provided).
• Registrants that are nominated by their school leadership will receive a registration link via email.
• Send cover letter and Form OP-175 (Available in the schools and on DHR Website), resume, and a copy of appropriate license via E-mail to STEM@schools.nyc.gov.
• Must put “Teacher: STEM Staff Development” in the subject line and include the above per session vacancy circular number in your letter of application.
NO FAXES OR MAIL will be accepted. Please direct all questions to STEM@schools.nyc.gov.
If you have questions about this activity, please contact: STEM@schools.nyc.gov.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.