PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE #672: Supervisor (Supervisor-Science Leadership Team Member) - CIPL
- Posted Date: May 28, 2019 Deadline: Jun 30, 2020
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Science Leadership Team Member (Supervisor), approximately 25 positions available
● NYCDOE licensed supervisor
● Applicant must currently work in a New York City public school or borough office.
● Applicants must have satisfactory rating for past three years.
● Applicants must have satisfactory time and attendance for past three years.
Applicants will be asked to complete the following steps and will be selected in part based on the quality of that which they submit/complete for each:
• Submit a resume and a cover letter outlining why you would be a good candidate for this position
• Complete a written application
• Participate in an in-person interview
Preference will be given to applicants with the following:
● Bachelor’s degree or higher in a field of natural science (only applicable for Grades 6-12)
● Previous experience as a member of the Science Leadership Team during the 2018-2019 school year or similar experience
● Demonstrated commitment to expanding opportunities in science for students, e.g. through developing partnerships with outside organizations
● Demonstrated experience creating unit plans with a coherent storyline, preferably with a real-world application
● Demonstrated commitment to the science education profession, e.g. active participation in professional organizations, leadership roles, presenting at conferences, etc.
● Demonstrated commitment to personal professional development
● Excellent written communication, organizational, and computer literacy skills
● Commitment to working during agreed upon schedule
● Excellent record of attendance, punctuality and the timely meeting of deadlines
● Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
● Create new NYC High School Science Scope and Sequences to align with new NYS P-12 Science Learning Standards (for high school applicants only)
● Develop and/or field test instructional guides and/or modules for extended time professional learning
● Evaluate science curricula with regard to NYSSLS
● Plan and implement citywide science professional learning
● Participate in all sessions
● Work collaboratively with other writers and program staff
● Develop and submit required group and/or individual curriculum project(s) within expected deadlines
● Effective and timely response to ongoing feedback and recommendations from colleagues and supervisors
● Other activities related to implementation of NYSSLS
Various dates and times including during school holidays and after school, evenings and/or weekends up to 200 hours total. Schedules will be determined by need and availability. ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Upload cover letter, resume, and Form OP-175 (available in the schools and on DHR Website) using the following survey link - https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ZKQ2K5V. Include the above per session vacancy circular number in your letter of application. NO FAXES, E-MAIL OR MAIL will be accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.