PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE #674: Supervisor (Supervisor-STEM Programs) - CIPL
- Posted Date: May 28, 2019 Deadline: Jun 30, 2020
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Supervisors: STEM Programs (up to 100 available positions)
Various Locations Citywide
● NYCDOE licensed and appointed Supervisors
● Applicants must have a satisfactory rating for past three years.
● Applicants must have satisfactory time and attendance for past three years
Preference will be given to applicants with the following:
● Satisfactory experience supervising the teaching, integration and use of instructional technology for STEM instruction.
● Demonstrated knowledge and use of Common Core Learning Standards, New York State Science/Math and ISTE technology standards
● Demonstrated knowledge of and practice with successful, research-based models of adult learning and coaching
● Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
● Attend STEM professional development sessions
● Serve as administrative support for the development of STEM programs within the school
● Work on various STEM, Math, and Science curriculum programs and projects
● Cooperate with evaluators in responding to surveys, participating in focus groups, and conferring with visitors
● Willing to be photographed and/ or videotaped for instructional purposes
Various dates and times including after school, evenings and weekends. Schedules will be determined by need and availability. July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020. ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Send cover letter and Form OP-175 (Available in the schools and on DHR Website), resume, and a copy of appropriate license via E-mail to STEM@schools.nyc.gov. Must put “Supervisor: STEM Professional Development“ in the subject line and include the above per session vacancy circular number in your letter of application. NO FAXES OR MAIL will be accepted. Please direct all questions to STEM@schools.nyc.gov.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have questions about this activity, please contact STEM@schools.nyc.gov.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.