PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 680: Teacher, American Red Cross certified (Adult CPR and First Aid Instructor) - PSAL
- Posted Date: May 28, 2019 Deadline: Jun 26, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Instructors to conduct courses in Adult CPR and First Aid (Approximately 10 positions)
Various sites – all boroughs
Valid New York City Department of Education license as a teacher who possess a current certification from the American Red Cross as an Instructor of Responding to Emergencies.
• Possession of appropriate certification requirements
• Experience in conducting First Aid/CPRO and CPR/AED (emergency only) Courses
• Availability to conduct courses throughout the school year and summer months
• All participants will provide instruction in First Aid, CPRO and CPR/AED (emergency only) using State Education Department course outlines and time requirements leading to the certification of coaches of interscholastic sports
• Regularly attend training meetings with PSAL administrative staff
• Maintain all training materials required for instruction and transport them as required for class.
August 2019 through June 29, 2020
Specific dates and training schedule to be arranged by PSAL
Approximately 100 hours per position
HOURS UP TO, BUT NOT LIMITED TO APPROXIMATELY 100 HOURS. ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Forward OP-175 application, cover letter and resume by June 26, 2019 to PSAL, 44-36 Vernon Boulevard, LIC, NY 11101. Questions concerning this advertisement should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail email@example.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.