PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 694: Teachers - Early Childhood Program Evaluator Consultant SY 19-20 (DECE)
- Posted Date: Jul 24, 2019 Deadline: Oct 3, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Early Childhood Program Evaluator Consultant SY 19-20
Various locations citywide
NYC Department of Education licensed and appointed Teachers. Retired teachers who meet criteria can also apply.
• NYC DOE Licensed and Appointed teacher or retired teacher
• Strong preference will be given to candidates with recent and/or current (within the last 2-3 years) reliability on CLASS or ECERS-R tool
• Locations are city-wide –preference will be given to candidates who are willing and able to travel across citywide districts
• Mid to high level technology proficiency, particularly with Word, Excel, Outlook, and Google Drive
• Meeting the following performance requirements is mandatory to maintain eligibility as a per session- performance team evaluator
o Successful completion of the technology task
o Maintaining tool reliability (which means demonstrating sufficient consistency in data collection, per our protocols) at regular intervals
Our Program Evaluators will reliably use the Classroom Assessment Scoring System (CLASS) tool or the Early Childhood Environment Rating Scale – Revised (ECERS-R) tool to collect data about pre-k programs across the city.
• Meet and maintain reliability on assessment tool or tools at regular intervals
• Schedule and conduct valid and reliable ECERS-R or CLASS assessments for pre-K classrooms in programs across the city
• Support other evaluators by reading and editing reports
• Participate in team communications via in-person meetings and conference calls
• Maintain accurate calendaring of per-session activities
• Complete timely submission of accurate timesheets
Late September 2019 to Mid-June 2020, pending assessment schedule. Various dates and times during the summer and school year. Specific hours and schedules are not guaranteed and will be determined by need and availability. Candidates can expect to work two to three days per week. ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Please submit the following items as an application for this opportunity.
• Completed Per session employment OP-175 form
• Up to date resume and cover letter
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail email@example.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.