PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 695: Paraprofessional (Paraprofessional, Afterschool Reading Club) - DECE/ARC
- Posted Date: May 28, 2019 Deadline: Apr 1, 2020
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
NYSED licensed and/or NYCDOE certified paraprofessional (multiple positions) to support the Afterschool Reading Club (ARC) at school-based locations.
Various locations Citywide (Brooklyn, Bronx, Manhattan, Queens, and Staten Island)
New York City Department of Education appointed and state certified paraprofessional.
Preference will be given to applicants with the following:
• Appointed paraprofessional with minimum of three (3) years of satisfactory experience
• Experience working with students in shelter
• Experience creating an environment where students’ learning needs and social-emotional needs are met
• Familiarity with best practices in literacy and differentiated instruction
• Demonstrated experience working with various ability levels
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
• Strong student management and conflict resolution skills
• Willingness and availability to attend training meetings after school
• Demonstrated ability to work well with students and families in an after school setting
• Good written communication, organizational, and computer literacy skills
• Satisfactory record of attendance and punctuality
Per session personnel will perform one or more of the following tasks:
• Support students in the classroom during the Afterschool Reading Club
• Assist teachers in implementing reading and writing strategies, literacy-based activities, and homework help
• Collaborate with teachers to provide small group and one-on-one instructional support to students
• Work with teachers to develop a safe and inclusive learning environment
• September 2019 through June 2020
• Schedule based on program needs (usually, Wed. – Fri., 2:30p.m. –5:30p.m.)
HOURS UP TO, BUT NOT LIMITED TO APPROXIMATELY TBD HOURS. ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Submit letter of application, résumé, and a copy of your Department of Education License and OP‐175 form (available in schools and on DHR Website), by December 31, 2019 via email to: ARC@schools.nyc.gov Please put “ARC Paraprofessional” in the subject line.
Include the above per session vacancy circular number in your letter of application.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.