PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 696: SBL/SDL/SAS/SDA (Administrator, Afterschool Reading Club) - DECE/ARC
- Posted Date: May 28, 2019 Deadline: Apr 1, 2020
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
NYSED licensed and/or NYCDOE certified administrator (multiple positions) to support the Afterschool Reading Club (ARC) at school-based locations.
Various locations Citywide (Brooklyn, Bronx, Manhattan, Queens, and Staten Island)
New York City Department of Education appointed and state certified SBL/SDL/SAS/SDA.
Preference will be given to applicants with the following:
• Appointed supervisor with at least one year of satisfactory experience
• Knowledge of NYCDOE policies and procedures
• Participation in NYCDOE Afterschool Reading Club (ARC) program
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
• Willingness and availability to attend training meetings after school
• Excellent written communication and organizational skills
Per session personnel will perform one or more of the following tasks:
• Serve as the on duty administrator during program hours
• Support with enrollment of students into the ARC program
• Supervise students during transitions (cafeteria, hallways, dismissal)
• Coordinate after school meals via SchoolFood
• Arrange for access to the building during designated program hours
• Provide classroom space for the program
• Serve as the point person for accepting packages, maintaining inventory of materials, and storing supplies
• Help track weekly attendance
• Communicate regularly with ARC central team
• September 2019 through June 2020
• Schedule based on program needs (usually, Wed. – Fri., 2:30p.m. –5:30p.m.)
HOURS UP TO, BUT NOT LIMITED TO APPROXIMATELY TBD HOURS. ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Submit letter of application, résumé, and a copy of your Department of Education License and OP‐175 form (available in schools and on DHR Website), by December 31, 2019 via email to: ARC@schools.nyc.gov Please put “ARC Supervisor” in the subject line.
Include the above per session vacancy circular number in your letter of application.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.