PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 703: Teacher (Partner School Leadership Team Member, Civics For All) - CIPL
- Posted Date: May 16, 2019 Deadline: Jun 26, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Civics for All Partner School Leadership Team Member
(Approximately 500 positions)
LaGuardia High School, 100 Amsterdam Ave. Manhattan
Regularly licensed and appointed New York City Department of Education elementary and school social studies or other content area teachers ready to work as part of a school-based team implementing the Civics for All curriculum and program components.
Applicants will be asked to complete the following steps:
- Complete a written application (OP‐175 form, available in schools and on DHR Website).
- Have their Principal’s recommendation for the position.
Preference will be given to applicants with the following:
- Knowledge of Civics for All initiative and civics education principles.
- Enthusiasm for organizing and implementing civic engagement activities for students.
- Experience implementing the Passport to Social Studies curriculum.
- Experience with curriculum mapping and pacing and planning curriculum choices.
- Commitment to expanding opportunities in civics for students, e.g., through developing partnerships with outside organizations.
- Ability to work professionally and collaboratively.
- Participate in all three (Elementary School Teachers) or four (Middle and High School Teachers) days of curriculum and program planning, curriculum mapping, and professional learning activities.
- Develop curriculum and program implementation plans to improve school culture, student civics learning experiences, civic content knowledge and pedagogic skills among school colleagues.
- Participate in discussion and contribute to program goals throughout the summer institute.
- Effective follow-through and communication skills.
- Communicate regularly with Civics for All Instructional and Program Planning Specialists.
Elementary Teachers: Monday, July 22, 2019 – Wednesday, July 24, 2019; 9 am – 4 pm daily
Middle and High School Teachers: Monday, July 22, 2019 – Thursday, July 25, 2019; 9 am – 4 pm daily
HOURS UP TO, BUT NOT LIMITED TO APPROXIMATELY TBD HOURS. ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Send application: OP 175, copy of resume and cover letter by June 26, 2019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Civics for All Partner School Leadership Team Member 2019-2020” in the subject line.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail email@example.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.