PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 704: Teacher (Social Studies Leadership Team Member) - CIPL
- Posted Date: May 16, 2019 Deadline: Jun 26, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Social Studies Leadership Team Member
(Approximately 25-30 positions)
Tweed Courthouse or other DOE location, TBD
- Regularly licensed and appointed New York City Department of Education elementary and school social studies teachers.
- Minimum of five years of recent classroom teaching experience in social studies.
- Effective or highly effective rating for past five years.
- Satisfactory record of time and attendance for past five years.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with, and receive and act upon feedback from supervisors and colleagues.
Applicants will be asked to complete the following steps and will be selected in part based on the quality of that which they submit/complete for each:
- Submit a resume and a cover letter outlining why you would be a good candidate for this position.
- Complete a written application (OP‐175 form, available in schools and on DHR Website).
- Participate in an in-person interview and complete an on-demand writing sample and task.
Preference will be given to applicants with the following:
- Demonstrated knowledge of Passport to Social Studies curriculum, NYS Social Studies Framework, and NYC Social Studies Scope & Sequence.
- Demonstrated ability to write high-quality social studies activities, lessons, and/or units of study consistent with Passport to Social Studies curriculum, NYS Social Studies Framework, and NYC Social Studies Scope & Sequence.
- Demonstrated ability to work professionally and collaboratively.
- Demonstrated knowledge of culturally responsive pedagogy.
- Excellent written communication, organizational, and computer literacy skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to expanding opportunities in social studies for students.
- Successful experience facilitating professional learning.
- Demonstrated commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Field test and provide feedback on social studies lesson plans, curriculum units, and instructional resources.
- Develop and/or update social studies instructional resources aligned to the Passport to Social Studies curriculum, NYS Social Studies Framework, and NYC Social Studies Scope & Sequence.
- Participate in any committee sessions.
- Other activities related to implementation of Passport to Social Studies curriculum, Civics for All curriculum, and NYC Social Studies Scope & Sequence, and related Social studies Department priorities.
Various dates and times including after summer, evenings and/or weekends up to 100 hours total. Schedules will be determined by need and availability.
HOURS UP TO, BUT NOT LIMITED TO APPROXIMATELY 100 HOURS. ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Send application: OP 175, copy of resume and cover letter by June 26, 2019 to: SocialStudies@schools.nyc.gov. Please put “Social Studies Leadership Team Member 2019-2020” in the subject line.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.