PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE #705: Teacher (Curriculum Writer, Dance, Music, Theater, or Visual Arts) - CIPL
- Posted Date: May 28, 2019 Deadline: Dec 31, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Curriculum Writer in Dance, Music, Theater or Visual Arts
44 Positions Total
52 Chambers Street, Manhattan, 333 Seventh Avenue, Manhattan, 4360 Broadway, Manhattan
New York City Department of Education appointed teacher of dance, music, theater, and/or visual arts, Grades 6-12 holding an NYS teaching license
- Minimum three years satisfactory experience teaching high school dance, music, drama and/or visual art programs with the NYCDOE
- New York City Department of Education licensed teacher of dance, music, theater, visual arts, grades K-12
- Thorough knowledge of the Blueprint for Teaching and Learning in the Arts: PreK-12 and New York State Learning Standards for the Arts
- Demonstrated experience with development and writing of curriculum, including unit and lesson planning and integration of appropriate assessments in the Arts
- Participate in training related to curriculum writing and mapping process and development, if applicable.
- Work collaboratively with and/or tutor teacher colleagues to develop sample/model curriculum at the elementary, middle and high school level aligned to Blueprint in Dance, Music, Theater or Visual Arts.
- Write, revise and review curriculum and related unit and/or lesson plans and resources with the understanding that all resources created need to be approved by the Office of Arts and Special Projects, and are subject to editing by the OASP.
Work schedule will be Monday-Friday from September through June, after school hours, some weekends and vacation days to be determined. HOURS UP TO 55 PER POSITION. ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Send application: OP 175, copy of resume, and cover letter by June 30, 2020 to: Office of Arts and Special Projects, 4360 Broadway, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10033, Attention: Curriculum Writing
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail ArtsAndSpecialProjects@schools.nyc.gov
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.