PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE #708: School Aide (School Aide, Summer Arts Institute) - CIPL
- Posted Date: May 31, 2019 Deadline: Dec 20, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
School Aide for Summer Arts Institute for High School and Middle School students
Up to 3 Positions based on student needs
Frank Sinatra School of the Arts High School, Queens.
New York City Department of Education School Aide, presently working at Middle School or High School level preferred.
- Minimum two years experience working with high school and/or middle school arts programs.
- Experience and familiarity with metro card distribution, student attendance procedures, and unpacking and inventory of program supplies.
- Experience with routine administrative tasks and office work.
- Must have computer skills including MS Word and MS Excel.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with program Directors, Business Manager, and School Secretary.
- Experience working directly with teachers, community partners and students.
Note: Applicants for per session employment who are not employed in the Department of Education’s regular school program or adult education program shall be considered for selection only if no qualified day school teacher or adult education employee is available.
Work in a four week summer arts program for high school and middle school students in dance, drama, film, instrumental music, vocal music, orchestra and visual arts; Handle implementation for day to day procedures including, but not limited to attendance, supervision of student entrance and lunch period; metro cards, and other daily tasks as required in office and classroom.
Commencing March 2020 through August 2020
March 2020: Up to 12 hours for two-day student auditions
June –August: Up to 25 sessions, up to 6 hours per day, between the hours of 8:15 AM and 3:15 PM, Monday through Friday. Additional evening hours for performances may be scheduled.
(Up to 150 hours per position)
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Submit cover letter of application, resume, and OP-175 form (available in schools and on DHR Website), by close of business December 20, 2020 and send to:
New York City Department of Education
Office of Arts and Special Projects
4360 Broadway, Fourth Floor
New York, NY 10033
Attention: Summer Arts Institute/School Aide
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have questions concerning this advertisement, please e-mail Callie McGlone at Cmcglone2@schools.nyc.gov.