PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 71: Teacher (Arts Partnerships Proposal Evaluator) - OASP
- Posted Date: May 20, 2019 Deadline: Dec 31, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Proposal Evaluator for Arts Partnership Grant Programs
(up to 9 positions)
One in-person orientation and training meeting at Office of Arts & Special Projects’ offices at 4360 Broadway, Washington Heights, Manhattan. Otherwise, individual proposal evaluation activities to be completed at various sites city-wide.
Licensed NYCDOE TEACHER
1) Licensed by NYCDOE in dance, music, theater, and/or visual art
2) Three or more years (10 years+ preferred) of satisfactory NYCDOE teaching experience
3) Expert knowledge of appropriate arts techniques, approaches and curriculum development aligned with the Blueprint for Teaching and Learning in the Arts Grades PreK-12
4) Expert knowledge of and experience coordinating school-based partnerships and residencies with NYC arts and cultural organizations
1) Read, evaluate, and score grant proposals according to established scoring criteria/rubrics (note: evaluators will receive proposals to review in soft copy via email (Adobe PDF files); evaluators will be responsible for printing materials if hard copies are desired.
2) Submit scores and prepare evaluation notes/comments for proposals reviewed.
July 1, 2019 through July 31, 2019. By July 1, evaluators will receive school proposals from two arts partnership grant programs: Arts for ELLs and SWD and Arts+Family Engagement. All evaluation scores and proposal comments must then be submitted before July 22, 2019. Evaluators will be responsible for scheduling their review on days and times within the specified review window. Additional grant reading hours may be requested, as needed. Depending on the number of evaluators and actual proposal volume, workload is estimated to amount up to, but not limited to 30-50 total hours per position. Additional hours granted upon the approval of the hiring manager.
Per Session rates as per the UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement. Contingent Upon Funding Availability. (UFT or relevant Union/Organization).
Resume and scanned signed copy of Application Form OP-175 must be send via email by the posting deadline, December 31, 2019. Materials must be emailed to: ArtsPartnerships@schools.nyc.gov. If you have questions, please e-mail Ben Espinosa at ArtsPartnerships@schools.nyc.gov.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.