PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 713: TEACHER (NYC Specialized Teacher Enhancement Pathway (STEP) Program Selector) - STEP/TR&Q
- Posted Date: May 3, 2019 Deadline: Jun 30, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
TEACHER: NYC Specialized Teacher Enhancement Pathway (STEP) Program Selector (up to 10 positions)
NYCDOE licensed and appointed teacher with a minimum of three (3) years of teaching experience
- Received a rating of Satisfactory, Effective, or Highly Effective experience within the NCYDOE in SY 17-18.
- Demonstrated satisfactory experience in current Department of Education position and other per session activities.
- Interest and ability to utilize a prescribed selection model to evaluate and select facilitators to support the NYC STEP program.
- Familiarity with using the Danielson Framework for Teaching to evaluate instructional practice is preferred.
- Evidence of strong critical thinking skills.
- Evidence of excellent facilitation skills.
- Evidence of strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to evaluate others’ proficiency.
- Evidence of effective use of organizational skills and time management.
- Evidence of working successfully in teams or cooperative settings.
- Evidence of ability to assess teacher practice via evidence from a video submission.
- Evidence of ability to reflect on feedback and adjust professional practice when necessary.
- Consistent and reliable access to email, phone, and the Internet.
- Successfully complete Selector Training, plus any necessary pre- and post-work.
- Review application materials for facilitator candidates and maintain complete, accurate, and timely documentation on each candidate using the selection model to document decisions thoroughly.
- Evaluate facilitator videos using the Danielson Framework for Teaching.
- Conduct phone interviews of potential facilitators, using program designed phone interview protocol and rubric, and document clear and detailed notes for candidate evaluation.
- Attend supplemental trainings as necessary.
- Respect facilitator candidate confidentiality.
- Conduct themselves professionally and represent the program positively at all times.
- Related duties, as necessary.
Training hours (TN)
- Hours up to, but not limited to, 3-5 hours of training prior to starting role.
- Hours up to, but not limited to, 1 hour per month of ongoing training from May 2019 through July 2019.
- Multiple options for the Selector Training Sessions will be offered between May 15th and 30th. Candidates will be compensated for all training that takes place prior to hire*.
Per-Session Hours (TR)
- Hours up to, but not limited to, 15 hours per month through the duration of the selection period (May 2019 through July 2019). Additional hours granted upon the approval of the hiring manager.
*Hiring offer is contingent on demonstrated proficiency in Selector skills at the conclusion of the Selector Training Sessions, which will take place after the initial interview and/or availability of Facilitator applications, as determined by program staff.
**NYC STEP Selectors will be evaluated based on his/her proficiency in the above criteria, as determined by program staff.
Per Session rates as per the UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement. Contingent Upon Funding Availability. (UFT or relevant Union/Organization).
- To apply for this role, please complete our online application: NYC STEP Facilitator Selector Application Form.
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until June 30, 2019.
- You will need to upload a resume, cover letter, and scanned and signed copy of the OP-175 form.
- If you have a Google email account, you may upload your documents in the application form linked above.
- If you do not have a Google email account, please email your resume, cover letter, and scanned and signed copy of the OP-175 form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In your cover letter, please answer the following questions:
- Why do your experience and skills make you a strong candidate to assist in the selection process for identifying NYC STEP Facilitators for the program?
- What strategies have you used to ensure that you are normed while using a rubric to evaluate student work?
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail email@example.com.
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.