PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 727: Teachers (Instructional Materials Reviewers – various vacancies for Foreign Language reviewers at Elementary, Junior and High School levels: Foreign Language Reviewers) - IMRU
- Posted Date: May 17, 2019 Deadline: Dec 31, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Instructional Materials Reviewers – various vacancies for Foreign Language reviewers at Elementary, Junior and High School levels. (Up to 100 positions)
Instructional Materials Review Unit (IMRU)
131 Livingston Street, Room 602
Brooklyn, New York 11201
New York State licensed teacher currently working within the New York City Department of Education school system.
· A minimum of three (3) years satisfactory teaching experience in the NYC public school system under regular appointment.
· Certification and/or fluency in any of the following languages: American Sign Language, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Bengali, Burmese, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Croatian, Farsi, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian-Creole, Hebrew, Hindi, Hmong, Icelandic, Irish, Isizulu, Italian, Japanese, Khmer, Korean, Kurdish, Lao, Latin, Malagasy, Malayalam, Maori, Marathi, Norwegian, Pashto, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Pushto, Romanian, Russian, Sanskrit, Somali, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Tamil, Thai, Tibetan, Turkish, Urdu, Vietnamese, Yiddish and Zulu.
· Strong background in teaching strategies, educational research and analytic skills.
· Familiar with NYS and NYC standards in relevant grade and subject areas.
· Excellent record of attendance and punctuality.
· Ability to meet deadlines and to work with limited oversight.
· Proficient in use of computers and web-based applications.
Per session personnel will examine instructional materials (i.e., textbooks, trade books, computer software, instructional learning materials, audio-visual software, etc.) submitted for review to ensure they meet the guidelines for approved materials and are appropriate for use in New York City schools.
July 2019 - June 2020
IMRU Review Hours: Monday through Friday
Summer: 9:30 am to 4:30 pm, up to 25 hours per week maximum.
School Year: 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm, up to 250 hours per position.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Application Form OP-175 (2019-2020), copy of your DOE license and resume must be received by mail only on or before December 20, 2019. Please mail application to:
Ms. Fayeh Balgobin, Director
Instructional Materials Review Unit
131 Livingston Street, Room 602A
Brooklyn, New York 11201
Attention: Foreign Language Per-Session
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail FBalgobin@schools.nyc.gov
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.