PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 73: Paraprofessional (Borough Arts Festival Paraprofessional) - OASP
- Posted Date: May 20, 2019 Deadline: Oct 15, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Borough Arts Festival Paraprofessional
Up to 3 per borough
Sites in all five boroughs
New York City Department of Education licensed paraprofessional
1. Minimum 3 years of satisfactory experience as a paraprofessional with the NYCDOE.
2. New York City Department of Education licensed Paraprofessional, currently assigned to support students with special needs.
3. Demonstrated experience of assisting students with special needs to access and to meaningfully participate in the arts; dance, music, theater, and/or visual arts.
4. Demonstrated experience and ability to assist teachers in guiding students with special needs during trips and activities inside the school setting and outside in the community.
5. Knowledge and experience supporting specific students with disabilities performing in the Borough Arts Festival is preferred.
1. Participate in trainings and meetings related to process and development of Borough Arts Festival student events.
2. Work collaboratively with Borough Arts Director and Borough Arts Coordinator, teacher, and paraprofessional colleagues on a team.
3. Perform assigned duties as member of the Borough Arts Festival team, including but not limited to assisting students with special needs and ensuring successful outcomes of Borough Arts Festivals.
4. Coordinate with Borough Arts Directors and Coordinators to execute plans for festival activities.
February 2020 – June 2020
Dates based on borough and festival (up to 10 hours total per position)
As per Collective Bargaining Agreement or the most current contractual rate
Send application: OP 175, copy of resume and cover letter by October 15, 2019 to:
Petrides Bldg. A, Room 208
715 Ocean Terrace
Staten Island, New York 10301
Attention: BOROUGH ARTS FESTIVAL
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail Maria Palma at MPalma@schools.nyc.gov.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.