PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 730: Teachers: Active or Retired (Book Reviewer for Classroom Collections for Grades K-8) - CIPL/Literacy and AIS
- Posted Date: May 29, 2019 Deadline: Dec 31, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Book Reviewer for Classroom Collections for Grades K-8 (Approximately 60 positions)
Various locations citywide
Regularly licensed and appointed New York City Department of Education teacher or retired New York City Department of Education teacher.
Preference will be given to applicants with the following:
· Demonstrated knowledge of NY Next Generation ELA Standards
· Demonstrated knowledge of children’s &/or YA literature
· 3+ years of ELA instruction in grades K-8
· 3+ years experience with facilitating independent reading in the classroom in grades K-8
· Demonstrated ability to work well with colleagues
· Excellent written communication, organizational, and computer literacy skills
· Minimum of 3 years satisfactory ratings
· Satisfactory record of attendance and punctuality
· Activities will include reading children’s and/or YA literature, completing a form to note several features of each book, and writing a brief book review. Book reviewers for grades K-4 will be expected to read 50-100 books. Book reviewers for grades 5-8 will be expected to read 25-50 books.
· Work collaboratively with other colleagues and program staff
· Develop and submit required group and/or individual project(s) within expected deadlines
Various dates and times including after school, evenings, and weekends. Schedules will be determined by need and availability.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Submit OP‐175 form and resume via email to: LiteracyandAIS@schools.nyc.gov. Please put “Book Reviewer for Classroom Collections Grades K-8” in the subject line.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail LiteracyandAIS@schools.nyc.gov
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.