PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 735: Teachers (to participate in Periodic Assessment focus groups) - CIPL
- Posted Date: May 14, 2019 Deadline: Dec 31, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Teachers (core and non-core subject areas) to participate in Periodic Assessment focus groups (approximately 45-50 positions)
New York City Department of Education, various locations citywide (TBD)
- NYC Department of Education licensed and appointed teachers.
- Minimum two years of experience as a classroom teacher working primarily in one of the following core or non-core subject areas:
English Language Arts, Mathematics, Science,SocialStudies, Visual Art/Theater, and Health/Physical Education
Has received annual performance ratings of Effective, Highly Effective, or Satisfactory in the past year
- Interest in supporting formative assessment work, including baseline, benchmark, and end-of-year assessments.
- Strong understanding of specific content instruction and/or high-quality assessments.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of the Common Core Learning Standards and/or subject-area standards.
- Experience working on and facilitating teacher teams.
- Experience engaging in collaborative inquiry.
- Experience serving in teacher leader roles preferred.
- Commitment to attending all focus group sessions per subject area.
- Attend a series of focus group sessions (approximately 2-4 sessions, depending on subject area).
- Share experience and knowledge of student populations, grade-specific standards, and subject areas of expertise.
- Review and provide feedback on draft assessment materials.
- Communicate with facilitators via email and phone as necessary.
- Actively participate in all focus group sessions.
July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020. Up to 4 hours per focus group session. Exact dates and times TBD. In order to maintain continuity and consistency, applicants must be available for the full activity in order to accept the position.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Send application: OP 175, copy of resume and cover letter by December 31, 2019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include the subject area for which you are applying in the subject line (e.g. Visual Art or Math).
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.