PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 741: Teachers (Office of Safety and Youth Development) - OSYD
- Posted Date: May 24, 2019 Deadline: Jun 28, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Teacher - Office of Safety and Youth Development (2 Positions)
Office of Safety and Youth Development
335 Adams Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
New York City licensed and appointed teacher with satisfactory service for the previous 3 years
- Experience in working with ATS and STARS data
- Experience working with Administration Children Services and Foster Care Agencies
- Experience in providing technical support to Department of Education Staff, Administration Children Services staff and Foster Care Agency staff
- Experience in facilitating professional developments on data reporting and data trends
- Per Chancellor’s Regulation A-750, receive monthly data files from Agency for Children’s Services (ACS and Students in Temporary Housing (STH) as per multiple Memoranda of Understandings (MOUs) between ACS and NYCDOE.
- Collaborate with DIIT to reconcile monthly data received from ACS with NYC public school students and turns this data around quickly.
- Provide monthly data to the Office of Safety and Youth Development’s (OSYD) Child Abuse and Maltreatment Prevention team, Community Schools Attendance Team and STH Team per Chancellor’s Regulation A-750.
- Provide monthly data files to the Office of Pupil Transportation regarding foster care students.
- Provide monthly data on students in Foster Care to their respective Foster Care agencies, per multiple MOUs between ACS and the NYCDOE, this data includes Student attendance, grades, promotion in doubt information.
- Participate in monthly ACS/Foster Care Agency Meetings to review DOE data that is shared with ACS and Foster Care.
- Provide the Management information group at ACS with student school admission and discharge history for Foster Care students, which is part of their reporting requirements mandated by the NYC Council.
- Create, develop and conduct ATS training for ACS employees, Foster Care agencies and STH staff.
- Monitor ATS access for ACS, Foster Care, STH and DOE users, which includes crating, resetting and deactivating ATS accounts.
- Liaison between ATS and the OSYD, Hospital Schools, Alternate Learning Centers (ALCs) and Suspensions and Office of Hearing Online (SOHO) to troubleshoot any issues.
- Work with ATS programming staff to maintain and update programs and troubleshoot any issues that arise.
July 2019 – August 2019
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday, 7:00 am – 2:30 pm
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
- Application Form OP175 (Available in schools)
- Cover letter
- Resume (Include vacancy circular number)
- Copy of NYC Department of Education license
Send by June 28, 2019 to: By email to: email@example.com (Include Per Session Vacancy Circular Number in the email subject line)
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.