PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 743: Teachers (Workshop Participants) - OOL/CL
- Posted Date: May 17, 2019 Deadline: Jun 30, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Teacher, All subjects and Grades – Workshop Participant – Continuous Learning
Various school locations to be determined
Tweed Courthouse, 52 Chambers Street, New York, NY 10007
- NYC Department of Education licensed and appointed teachers
- Satisfactory rating required
- Strong attendance record
- Demonstrated ability to work as a collaborative member of a teamon projects
- Participation in the Continuous Learning Fellowship program
- Interest in engaging in cycles of learning (as explored in the Vision for School Improvement)
- Consensus among central and superintendent teams
- Experience working in/facilitating teacher teams
- Experience engaging in collaborative inquiry
- Experience serving in teacher leader roles preferred
- Commitment to attending all professional learning sessions and engaging in bridge to practice activities between sessions
- Attendance at all professional learning sessions
- Active participation in bridge to practice activities between sessions (both in-school and in blended-learning online community)
- Communication with central coaches via email and phone as necessary
- Active participation in workshop series
- Willingness to integrate the Vision for School Improvement in school and classroom practice in SY 2019-20
July 2019 – June 2020 (Exact dates and times TBD by the Continuous Learning team based on the availability of funding)
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Send application: OP 175, copy of resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.