PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 747: Teachers (Adolescent Literacy Independent Reading Instructors: Summer Sail Program) - CIPL/MSQI
- Posted Date: May 21, 2019 Deadline: Aug 30, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Teachers: Adolescent Literacy Independent Reading Instructors (25 positions and up to 75 hours per participant)
New York City Department of Education, various locations citywide.
New York City Department of Education School licensed teachers at a Middle School Quality Initiative School.
- Applicants must have a working understanding of and experience with the Light Sail platform.
- Applicants must have taught or will be teaching in the future students selected to participate in the Summer Sail independent reading program.
- Applicants must have expertise in independent reading practices.
- Applicants must have a satisfactory rating for past three years.
- Applicants must have satisfactory time and attendance for past three years.
- Digitally conference with assigned students throughout the five week Summer Sail program.
- Collaborate with school administration to plan and facilitate an AM and PM Family Orientation meeting for the all families participating in the Summer Sail program.
- Attend late-Spring professional development.
- Provide four days of site-based independent reading instruction (During the weeks of: 7/8/19, 7/15/19, 7/22/19, and 7/29/19).
- Participate in a Mid-Summer Reading Celebration (Date: 7/29/19)
July 1, 2019 – August 30, 2019 up to, but not limited to approximately 100 hours. Exact schedule TBD. ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Send application: OP 175, copy of resume and cover letter to: MSQI@schools.nyc.gov.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail MSQI@schools.nyc.gov.
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.