PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 751: Teachers (Commencement Assessment Development in Dance Music Theater or Visual Arts) - OASP
- Posted Date: May 21, 2019 Deadline: Dec 7, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Teacher, Commencement Assessment Development in Dance, Music, Theater or Visual Arts (20 Positions Total)
- 52 Chambers Street, Manhattan
- 333 Seventh Avenue, Manhattan
- 4360 Broadway, Manhattan
New York City Department of Education licensed and appointed teacher of dance, music, theater, and/or visual arts, Grades 6-12
- Minimum three years satisfactory experience teaching high school dance, music, drama and/or visual art programs with the NYCDOE
- Thorough knowledge of the Blueprint for Teaching and Learning in the Arts: PreK-12 and New York State Standards for the Arts
- Experience with development and writing of curriculum, assessments and educational materials in the Arts
- Work collaboratively with teacher colleagues and professional teaching artists to develop 12th grade commencement assessment in Dance, Music, Theater, or Visual Arts.*
- Write, revise and review exam items, rubrics, and procedures.*
- Score and evaluate completed examinations
- Enter assessment data into MS Excel
* Teachers currently working at schools where students sit for the Arts Commencement Exam corresponding to teachers’ appointed license area (e.g., Dance teachers working in schools offering the Dance Commencement Exam) are not permitted to assume duties #1 and #2.
Work schedule will be Monday-Friday from July through June, after school hours, some weekends and vacation days to be determined. HOURS UP TO 100 PER POSITION. ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Send application: OP 175, copy of resume and cover letter by December 31, 2019 to:
Office of Arts and Special Projects
4360 Broadway, 4th Floor
New York, NY 10033
Attention: Commencement Assessment.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail ArtsAndSpecialProjects@schools.nyc.gov
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.