PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 754: Teachers (Passport to Social Studies) - CIPL
- Posted Date: May 22, 2019 Deadline: Jun 30, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Passport to Social Studies is the NYCDOE created social studies curriculum. The program is a comprehensive instructional resource that integrates the New York State K-12 Social Studies Framework and the NYC Social Studies Scope & Sequence to support strong social studies teaching and learning. The Department of Social Studies in the Office of Curriculum Instruction & Professional Learning is providing professional development opportunities for social studies and ESL teachers. Per session Training Rate will be provided subject to budget availability.
Passport to Social Studies Teacher (Approximately 600 positions)
Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School, 100 Amsterdam Ave., Manhattan
In-service NYCDOE teachers with a Social Studies, Common Branch, or ESL license.
- Must teach social studies
- Interest in developing effective pedagogical, pacing and planning, and implementation skills in social studies
- Demonstrated ability to work well with colleagues
- Current satisfactory ratings
- Satisfactory record of attendance and punctuality
- Attend and participate in a one-day 2019 social studies summer professional learning session for one of the following:
- Writing to Build Language and Knowledge in Social Studies for ENL and Social Studies Teachers
- K-8 Unpacking Passport to Social Studies
- Planning Ahead for Changes in Global History and Geography with the Passport to Social Studies
- Planning Aheadfor Changes in US History and Government with the Passport to Social Studies
- Participate and provide feedback to social studies learning activities throughout the day
Selected days in July 15 – 18, 2019, 9 A.M. – 3 P.M.
Per Session rates (TRAINING RATE) as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability. (Per Session TRAINING RATE)
Send application: OP 175, copy of resume and cover letter by June 26, 2019 to: SocialStudies@schools.nyc.gov. Please put “Summer 2019 Social Studies Professional Learning” in the subject line.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail SocialStudies@schools.nyc.gov.
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.