PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 755: Teachers (to participate in MSQI Curriculum Development program) - CIPL/MSQI
- Posted Date: May 23, 2019 Deadline: Dec 31, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Middle school teachers to participate in MSQI Curriculum Development program such as Word Generation, STARI, and others. (Up to 60 positions)
New York City Department of Education, various locations citywide.
New York City Department of Education School licensed and appointed teachers at a Middle School Quality Initiative School.
- Must be teaching grades 6, 7 or 8 at a Middle School Quality Initiative school in school year 2018-19
- Commitment to work during the agreed upon schedule
- Excellent record of attendance and punctuality
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and collaboratively on projects
- Demonstrated qualities of organizational and program management skills
- Evidence of sound interpersonal relationships with colleagues and/or professional partners
- Attend professional development training session facilitated by the Central MSQI Team
- Attend all curriculum program review sessions
July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020 up to, but not limited to approximately 300 hours. Exact schedule TBD. ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Send application: OP 175, copy of resume and cover letter to: MSQI@schools.nyc.gov.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail MSQI@schools.nyc.gov.
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.