PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 756: Teacher (Bronx Teacher and School Leader Grant (TSL) Professional Learning Opportunities) - TR&Q
- Posted Date: May 24, 2019 Deadline: Dec 7, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Teacher - Bronx Teacher and School Leader Grant (TSL) Professional Learning Opportunities (Approximately 1,500 opportunities available)
Various locations across the City
- NYCDOE licensed and appointed teacher who satisfies at least one of the following requirements:
- Currently works in the Bronx and is registered to attend Bronx TSL professional learning opportunities
- Capable of supporting the facilitation or implementation of professional learning opportunities in the Bronx
- Committed to supporting TSL grant goals, including recruiting, retaining, and sustaining excellent teaching in the Bronx.
- Desire to constantly learn and impact student outcomes.
- Ability to support the facilitation or implementation of professional learning opportunities in the Bronx
- Previous experience in developing, facilitating or implementing professional learning opportunities
Duties and responsibilities may include one or more of the below:
- Attend TSL-sponsored professional learning opportunities and/or working sessions for Bronx teachers;
- Work closely with the TSL program team to meet grant goals;
- Coordinate support for the establishment and ongoing work of TSL-sponsored professional learning for Bronx teachers
- Support the development and/or implementation of TSL-sponsored professional learning opportunities and/or working sessions for Bronx teachers
- Various additional activities as needed.
- Various times including after school, evenings, and weekends throughout Summer 2019 and the 2019-20 school year, depending on program needs
Per Session rates as per the UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement. Contingent Upon Funding Availability. (UFT or relevant Union/Organization).
Applications should be submitted via this online form. Please note, participants will be asked to complete and submit an OP 175 form.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
Please send questions about this advertisement to NewTeacherSupport@schools.nyc.gov with the subject line “Bronx Teacher and School Leader Grant (TSL) Professional Learning Opportunities.”
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.