PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 759: Teachers (as Teacher leaders and Talent Strategy Teacher Liaison) - TR&Q
- Posted Date: May 24, 2019 Deadline: Jul 15, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Teacher leaders, Talent Strategy Teacher Liaison (# of available positions: 8)
Various locations across the city; trainings held at:
The Office of Teacher Recruitment and Quality
65 Court Street
Brooklyn, New York 11201
Bronx UFT Office
2500 Halsey Street
Bronx, New York 10461.
- Licensed and appointed NYCDOE teacher
- Currently serving as a NYCDOE teacher leader (Model Teacher, Peer Collaborative Teacher, Master Teacher, Teacher Team Leader)
- Demonstrated proficiency as a Model Teacher, Peer Collaborative Teacher, Master Teacher, or Teacher Team Leader in the 2017-18 School Year
- Previous experience in teacher recruitment and selection, particularly with Teacher Career Pathways (TCP)
- Desire to inspire outstanding candidates to pursue teacher leader qualifications
- Ability to articulate experiences as a Teacher Career Pathways teacher leader in a compelling way
- Effective and engaging communicator; comfortable with public speaking
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work up to 20 hours a month for the months of July through November, 2019
- Preferred: Multiple years of experience as a Teacher Career Pathways teacher leader
- Work closely with the Talent Strategy team to reach specified recruitment goals
- Conduct in-person information sessions and phone outreach to target teacher audiences
- Cultivate professional narrative to integrate into communications, presentations, and outreach
- Participate in online webinars to provide insights and anecdotes about the teacher leader role to prospective teachers
- Participate in regularly scheduled phone conferences with a Teacher Career Pathways team member to provide status updates and assess progress toward specified goals
- Attend one group orientation facilitated by a Talent Strategy team member
- Participate in an exit survey upon completion of the role
- Various additional activities as needed
Hours up to, but not limited to, approximately 20 hours a month for the months of July through November; Monday through Friday, depending on availability of the TS Teacher Liaison and the needs of the hiring manager. Additional hours granted upon the approval of the hiring manager.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
To apply, complete this online survey by July 15, 2019. Please note, TS Teacher Liaisons will be asked to complete and submit an OP 175 form.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail AHadaway@schools.nyc.gov with the subject line “Talent Strategy Teacher Liaison Application.”
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.