PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 76: Teacher, ENL (ENL-Arts PD Developer and Facilitator) - OASP
- Posted Date: May 20, 2019 Deadline: Dec 31, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Teachers (ENL and/or Arts): Work collaboratively with teachers of the arts to develop curriculum, content and daily lesson plans to address and improve language acquisition in the arts classroom. Co-teach and deliver curriculum using co-teaching models with teachers of the arts.
Meeting Sessions: Various sites throughout Manhattan including, 333 7th Ave, and 4360 Broadway.
Workshop Locations: Throughout New York City, to be determined.
New York City Department of Education licensed and appointed English as a New Language (ENL) Teacher.
- New York City Department of Education licensed and appointed ENL teacher or arts teacher (dance, music, theater, or visual arts).
- Minimum 2 years satisfactory employment with the NYCDOE.
- Ability to collaborate regularly with teachers of the arts.
- Willingness to co-teach in the arts classroom using various co-teaching models.
- Desire or interest to learn more about the arts and arts instruction.
- Ability to collect data as related to the implementation of the co-teaching model.
- Knowledge/familiarity of resources from the Office of Arts and Special Projects.
- Work collaboratively with the project manager and other educators to implement a co-teaching model between ENL teachers and teachers of the arts.
- Participate in professional development opportunities that develop co-teaching strategies between ENL teachers and teachers of the arts.
- Maintain regular professional communication via email, phone, and in-person.
- Engage professionally with educators, stakeholders, and cultural organizations.
- Ability to independently prioritize tasks, organize materials, and meet deadlines.
- Utilize technology such as, Google Docs, E-mail, Microsoft Word, and Excel to track materials and data.
August 2019- June 2020; hours to be determined based on following criteria: 4 (full day) workshops, content planning meetings, debrief sessions (up to 50 hours per position).
Per Session rates as per the UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement. Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Send application: OP 175, copy of resume and cover letter by December 31, 2019 to: Office of Arts and Special Projects, Attention: Alexa Fairchild, Manager of Arts for Diverse Learners, 4360 Broadway, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10033.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.