PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 761: Teachers (Conflict Resolution Trainer) - OSYD
- Posted Date: May 23, 2019 Deadline: Jun 26, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Conflict Resolution Trainer (Up to 15 Positions)
Various locations throughout New York City
- New York City Department of Education licensed and appointed teacher, trained in the citywide high school conflict resolution (mediation or negotiation strand) with a minimum of 5 years in implementing conflict resolution and/or diversity skills programming to students in NYC public schools.
- Satisfactory ratings for the previous 3 years
- Satisfactory completion of Citywide High School Professional Development in Conflict Resolution with a certificate in negotiation skills and/or peer mediation.
- Ability to successfully work in collaboration with other pedagogical and administrative staff.
- Demonstrated knowledge of pedagogical best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to provide professional development workshops to teachers, guidance counselors, administrators and other school support staff.
- Demonstrated prior training/professional development in cultural diversity, and/or social emotional learning and/or student leadership programming.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Work collaboratively with members of the conflict resolution skills training team to plan and provide six days of instruction to cohorts of teachers, guidance counselors, administrators and other school support staff in either mediation and/or negotiation skills during after school days,evenings, weekends, and/or summer sessions.
- Provide instruction, guidance and expertise in pedagogical skills to teachers in designing and implementing interactive peer education workshops for students.
- Provide instruction, guidance and expertise in conflict resolution skills to student peer educators as needed.
September 2019 through June 2020. Successful candidates will be required to work weekdays 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., as needed. No school holidays.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
1) Application Form OP175 (Available in schools)
2) Cover letter
3) Resume (Include vacancy notice number)
4) Copy of NYC Department of Education license
Send by June 26, 2019 to:
Mr. Jolan Nagi
Office of Safety and Youth Development
JNagi@schools.nyc.gov (With Conflict Resolution Teacher Summer Trainer Posting and Vacancy Notice Number in the subject line)
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail JNagi@schools.nyc.gov
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.