PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 78: Teacher (Member, Borough Arts Festival Teacher Team) - OASP
- Posted Date: May 20, 2019 Deadline: Oct 15, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Member - Borough Arts Festival Teacher Team in Dance, Music, Theater or Visual Arts (up to 20 per borough)
Sites in Five Boroughs
New York City Department of Education licensed teacher of dance, music, theater, and/or visual arts, Grades K-12
- Minimum three years satisfactory experience teaching dance, music, theater and/or visual art programs with the NYCDOE
- New York City Department of Education licensed teacher of dance, music, theater, visual arts, grades K-12, currently assigned to teach dance, music, theater, or visual arts.
- Thorough knowledge of the Blueprint for Teaching and Learning in the Arts: PreK-12 and New York State Standards for the Arts
- Demonstrated Experience in looking at student work in the arts; curating and installing student artwork and/or managing production of student performances
- Demonstrated ability to participate in adjudicating student artwork and performance
- Participate in training/meetings related to adjudication process and development
- Work collaboratively with teacher colleagues on a team
- Adjudicate submissions of student artwork and student performances for participation in Borough Arts Festival
- Perform assigned duties as member of Borough Arts Festival team to ensure successful outcomes of Borough Arts Festival art exhibit and performances
- Coordinate with Borough Arts Directors and Project Coordinators to execute plans for adjudication and Festival activities.
December 2019- June 2020
Dates TBD based on 2020 festival dates (Up to 10 hours total hours per position)
Per Session rates as per the UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement. Contingent Upon Funding Availability. (UFT or relevant Union/Organization).
Send application: OP 175, copy of resume and cover letter by October 15, 2019 to:
Petrides Bldg. A Room 208
715 Ocean Terrace
Staten Island, New York 10301
Attention: BOROUGH ARTS FESTIVAL
If you have questions concerning this advertisement, please e-mail Maria Palma at MPalma@schools.nyc.gov
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.