PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 79: Teacher (Moving Image Steering Committee Member/Adjudicator) - OASP
- Posted Date: May 20, 2019 Deadline: Jun 30, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Moving Image Steering Committee/Film Festival Committee Member and Adjudicator (TEACHER or SUPERVISOR)
Blueprint for the Moving Image Steering Committee
Up to 7 positions total
Sites TBD in partnership with OASP and the Mayor’s Office of Media and Entertainment, city-wide
New York City Department of Education teacher, Grades K-12, with experience teaching film/media arts)
- Minimum three years satisfactory experience teaching film/media arts with the NYCDOE.
- New York City Department of Education licensed teacher, grades K-12, currently assigned to teach film/media arts.
- Thorough knowledge of the Blueprint for Teaching and Learning in the Arts: PreK-12 and New York State Standards for the Arts.
- Demonstrated experience in crafting and delivering professional learning in Media and Moving Image
- Demonstrated experience in looking at student work in the arts, and/or managing production of student film showings.
- Demonstrated ability to participate in adjudicating student artwork and performances.
- (Highly Effective/Effective) experience within the NYCDOE.
- Participate in training/meetings related to city-side professional development in the Blueprint for the
- Facilitate and delivery city-wide professional development in the Moving Image aligned with Office of Arts and Special projects goals and directives
- Participate in training/meetings related the Public School Film Festival adjudication process and development.
- Work collaboratively with teacher colleagues on a team in partnership with the Mayor’s Office of Media and Entertainment and Magic Box Films
- Adjudicate submissions of student films for participation in High School Film Festival.
- Perform assigned duties as member of High School Film Festival team to ensure successful outcomes of event.
- Coordinate with Program Managers & Coordinators, Arts Directors, Executive Director and the Mayor’s Office of Media and Entertainment to execute plans for adjudication and Festival activities.
September 2019- June 2020
Dates TBD (up to 80 hours total hours per position)
As per Collective Bargaining Agreement or the most current contractual rate
Cover letter, Resume, Application Form OP-175 (Available in schools and DHR website), and a copy of your Department of Education license must be received on or before June 30, 2020.
Attention: Moving Image Steering Committee
NYC DOE Office of Arts and Special Projects
52 Chambers Street, Room 113
New York, NY 10007
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER IN YOUR LETTER OF APPLICATION
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.