PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 82: Secretary (OASP School Secretary) - OASP
- Posted Date: May 20, 2019 Deadline: Dec 31, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
School Secretary (Office of Arts and Special Projects)
Approximately 1 position available
4360 Broadway, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10033
NYCDOE Licensed and Appointed School Secretary
- Experience with per session pedagogic payroll procedures and systems (including EIS and FAMIS).
- Excellent record keeping and timeliness skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to provide administrative support to students, parents and community representatives.
- Experience and/or interest in arts education and related arts programming.
- Assist with the Office of Arts and Special Projects (OASP) per session and per diem bulk jobs.
- Assist with OASP PO creation, certification, and payment documentation.
- Assist with arts Blueprint orders and mailings.
- Provide support to OASP Program Managers and Coordinators.
- Disseminate and reinforce operational protocols for per session payroll and vendor PO & invoicing.
- Serve as an internal resource for per session and vendor PO & invoicing related questions to OASP and school-based staff.
- Monitor and track payroll-related inquires and timesheet submissions.
- Work with OASP Operations Coordinator to share per session balances with the team and analyze budgets to best inform per session spending trends.
WORK SCHEDULE:September 2019 through June 2020. Sessions will vary according to assignment and funding availability. Up to 10 hours/week, after school hours. Additional hours granted upon the approval of the hiring manager.
Per Session rates as per the UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement. Contingent Upon Funding Availability. (UFT or relevant Union/Organization).
Email NYCDOE license and resume along with completed Application form OP-175 to: JPrice7@schools.nyc.gov. Put "OASP Secretary" in the e-mail subject line. No faxes or mail will be accepted.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions concerning this advertisement, please e-mail Trenton Price, Director of Operations: JPrice7@schools.nyc.gov.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.