PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 83: Teacher (SING Advisor) - OASP
- Posted Date: May 20, 2019 Deadline: Jun 30, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
SING Advisor (TEACHER OR SUPERVISOR)
Up to two position available and subject to funding
Sessions to take place at selected high school sites, City-wide.
New York City Department of Education licensed teacher of dance, music, and/or theater, grades 9-12 and/or New York City Department of Education licensed supervisor (Principal, Assistant Principal or EA).
1) Licensed by NYC Department of Education in dance, music and/or theater and/or Supervisory license (Principal, Assistant Principal or EA).
2) Minimum five years of satisfactory teaching and/or administration experience with the NYCDOE
3) Experience at a NYC Department of Education High School producing SING at the school site
4) Experience in production, management and scheduling of school performing arts events
5) Thorough knowledge of the Blueprint for Teaching and Learning in the Arts: PreK-12 and New York State Standards for the Arts
6) At least three (3) years of satisfactory (Highly Effective/Effective) experience within the NYCDOE.
- Orient SING partner schools about the process of:
- SING casting
- Script writing
- Rehearsal process
- Production and rehearsal schedules
- Production support and vendor order
- Press and promotion
- Performance Management and House/Audience Support
- Work with assigned school staff and partner technical organization personnel on production creation, schedule and build
- Visit each school site a minimum of 3 times for production meetings, consultation and support sessions
- Maintain e-mail and/or telephone contact with lead school SING designee at each school site during entire production and performance processes
- Document SING productions at each school site through collection of scripts, schedules, publicity documents and programs
- Provide OASP Executive Director with master performance schedule
- Other SING related duties as assigned.
September 2019 - May 2020; hours to be determined based on following criteria: 1) Individual School support need (up to 200 hours total)
As per Collective Bargaining Agreement or the most current contractual rate
Application Form OP-175 (Available in schools and DHR website) must be received on or before June 30, 2020.
Office of Arts and Special Projects
415 89th Street, Room 400
New York, New York 11209
If you have questions concerning this advertisement e-mail Audrey Cox at Acox16@schools.nyc.gov
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.