PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 92: Teacher - AP for All Curriculum (Division of School Climate and Wellness)
- Posted Date: Sep 13, 2019 Deadline: Oct 25, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Advanced Placement teachers of Art History, English (Language and Composition, Literature), Math (Calculus and Statistics), Science (Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Science, and Physics), Social Science and History (Government, Human Geography, Psychology, US History, and World History), World Languages (Spanish Language and Culture) with experience in creating high quality curriculum and lesson materials for their AP courses.
Central location TBD
• Applicant must be a NYCDOE licensed teacher and have a minimum of two years of experience teaching Advanced Placement.
• Applicants must currently work in a New York City High School.
• Applications must have a satisfactory rating for the past three years.
• Applicants must have satisfactory time and attendance.
Preference will be given to applicants with the following:
• Consistent evidence of students scoring 3 or higher on the Advanced Placement
• Content Expertise and Curriculum Development
• Demonstrate knowledge of the College Board AP Course Frameworks
• Demonstrate knowledge of Common Core and Advanced Placement Standards Alignment
• Demonstrate knowledge of Differentiated Instruction
• Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
• Skilled facilitator
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
• Develop curriculum documents for Advanced Placement courses that demonstrate Vertical Alignment to prerequisite courses
• Align and utilize new College Board support materials into existing materials
• Develop model lesson plans, and corresponding materials, pacing guides, and assessments
• Develop materials for AP teachers to use in AP Spring Break boot camps and pre-AP Summer Enrichment sessions.
• Experience using Google Docs.
• Willing to be photographed and/or videotaped for instructional purposes
• Possible follow-up sessions throughout the school year to refine and update some of the material, as needed
Various Saturday sessions and after school sessions at the discretion of AP for All. (up to 100 hours per participant to be determined based on the needs of each subject)
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Submit letter of application, résumé, and a copy of your Department of Education License and OP‐175 form (available in schools and on DHR Website) to APforAll@schools.nyc.gov and by May 1, 2020. Must put “AP Curriculum Writing Group” in the subject line. NO FAXES OR MAIL will be accepted.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have questions about this posting, please contact APforAll@schools.nyc.gov
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.