PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 94: Retired Teacher - Testing Assistants (Office of Assessment)
- Posted Date: Sep 15, 2019 Deadline: Dec 31, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Testing Assistant to support year-round assessment implementation activities for citywide and statewide assessments during normal business hours. (15 openings)
Long Island City and Assessment Borough Offices
Retired New York City Department of Education licensed Teachers.
All candidates must:
- Be available to support the implementation of citywide and statewide assessments during normal business hours (8:00am-4:00pm).
- Have experience organizing and managing the logistics of large-scale operations.
Preference will be given to applicants with the following:
- Ensure compliance with testing guidelines
- Previous experience with assessment administration
- Demonstrated professionalism and superior customer service
- Excellent written communication, organizational, and computer literacy skills
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and manage time appropriately
Testing Assistants will:
- Respond to telephone calls and e-mail correspondence from school personnel and provide technical assistance regarding NYC and NYS assessments.
- Maintain relationships with school-based test coordinators and support schools throughout exam preparation, administration, and scoring processes.
- Support the central coordination of test administrations and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Support the collection and distribution of NYS exams from borough repositories.
- Provide scheduling and documentation support in preparation for test coordinator trainings.
- Update information, resources and training materials for OA’s internal and field-facing presence on the DOE website.
- Gather feedback and analyze results to propose enhancements and improvements to current processes.
Testing Assistants may also:
- Inventory, organize, and manage testing materials.
- Administer assessments.
- Meet with families to review student assessments.
- School Year 2019-2020
- Note that dates and hours are estimated in the posting, are subject to change, and are not guaranteed.
- Dates and hours vary depending on assessment implementation activities, but will include the following:
- Up to 7 Hours per Day of Supporting Assessment Implementation.
- In order to maintain continuity and consistency, applicants must be available for the full expected dates and hours of the activity in order to accept the position.
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
All applications must be submitted online. Applicants selected for the positions will be notified via their NYC DOE email. If you have any questions concerning this activity, please email (email@example.com).
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have questions about this activity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.